Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Thank You

I just wanted to reach out and say thank you.  Thank you for the outpouring of love, support and most of all prayers. Josh, Kye, Aubrey and I are so blessed beyond measure for each and everyone of you. I am sorry if you have sent me a message or called and I haven't responded, but know I cherish every single thought, every single prayer.

The power of the Internet is amazing.  Aubrey's story has been read almost 12,000 times in 10 different countries! I just cannot believe that.  It is so humbling and so encouraging. The thought of that many prayer warriors gives me such strength.  Again, thank you to all who shared her story in one way or another.

Also through the Internet I have been able to read about others experience with TD.  One particular blog, Wonderfully Made, actually gave me strength, inspiration and encouragement to write my blog. To see another family with our faith walk through what we are about to walk through has helped me almost more than anything.  The author and I have also been I contact.  I am grateful to her for being available for questions that I may have.

My three best friends and resident classmates made a trip this weekend.  Just their presence was freeing.  The have seen me at my best and my worst.  They share the same medical knowledge that is both a blessing and a curse in times like these.  They love my kiddo like he was their own (after all they were in his delivery!). Basically, they were my salvation this weekend.




My dear friend Laine wrote in her blog some of the nicest things about me and Aubrey-girl.  Plus, gave me an hour and a half phone date distraction.  Read her blog here.

The residents still remaining at Ochsner sent me beautiful flowers yesterday.

My partners have listened to my every crazy thought, took some of my call, and been overall the most supportive women...confirming God's placement of me in this practice.

My office girls have doted on me, loved on me, cried with me, offered to keep Kye, to clean my house, made sure I ate during the day, forced my prenatal vitamins in my mouth.  Basically an office full of mommas. 

My family has just been perfection...nothing else needs to be said about that.

The list goes on and on and on.

Proverbs 27:17 states:
       " Iron sharpens iron,
and one man sharpens another”

And in Ecclesiastes 4:
“9 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. 10For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! 11Again, if two lie together, they keep warm,  i but how can one keep warm alone? 12And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”

God has blessed our family with such incredible friends. Without them and our amazing families, I am not sure what we would do.  God knows just what to give us to sustain us.  I just pray that I can glorify him through Aubrey's life and story.  The people around me have already been a key part  to directing me into His arms and for being an example of His love. 

Love you all.

1 comment: